Wednesday, October 17, 2012



Look what I made last night!  That's right!  They're counters for math homework.  The kids were absolutely thrilled that they got to count out five of each color (red, blue, green and yellow) to put in their math homework box!  We start math homework next week and they can't wait to take their boxes home!  I know this idea isn't anywhere near new but it is a manipulative that I can send home and we can use all year for different math standards and strategies.  I only painted one side so we can use them for addition activities later (can you say "shake and spill!).  So excited!


Just two large bags of kidney beans and four cans of (inexpensive) spray paint!

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I love the colours - I'm sure your Ones were so excited to get to pick out each colour! :)
    I would love to hear more about your math Homework boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely put some pictures up in the next few days! My homework blog will probably be on Sunday or Monday since we are starting math homework on Monday:)) Stay tuned! Thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete
  2. Love the idea!!! They look awesome!! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete